Thursday, January 22, 2009

Count your blessings, name them one-by-one.

"I just found out that life is hard." - Christopher said that to me last night.
He was right. It really is hard. Nobody told us that it would be easy. In fact,
our Heavenly Father told us quite the opposite before we came to this secular
place. We can make it easier on ourselves, though. Follow the commandments.
In doing so, we are promised great blessings. We can make the trials of life
much more bearable (barable? No, I was right) by walking through the shadows
with an open heart, always seeking the fruit of the Gospel.
I'm going through some stuff right now.
I just can't sleep at night--I think I have too much on my plate.
Well, I feel that way anyways.
I wake up/go to sleep overwhelmed, and then I hear my favorite hymn.
Listening to the Lord literally melts my troubles away.
Do good on earth, share your knowledge with others, go forth and prosper.

You are promised Heaven in doing so.









Christopher Eli Dunn, I love you.

2 comments:

  1. I love you too.
    I just wish the not living the gospel of Christ wasn't so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The adversary wants us.
    He wants to have us, so that Heavenly Father can't bless us. So that we can't share the message of Christ with others. I'm glad that it's so hard, in some ways. If it wasn't, we wouldn't have the same appreciation for the Gospel and Atonement. We wouldn't press forward nearly as quickly without the adversary throwing obstacles every which way.
    Living the gospel is just as tempting.
    It's a delicious fruit hanging from a lush tree after a long haul through the desert. I know you know this. I know it.

    I love you. I love you. I love you.

    ReplyDelete